As you all know, the 2012 Junior Eurovision Song Contest is going to be hosted in Amsterdam, at the Heineken Music Hall by Ewout Genemans and Kim-Lian. Only 8 countries have confirmed their participation in the show. One of them is Armenia, whom has revealed today how their selection process will go ahead this year.
The Armenian national broadcaster (ARMTV) has said, the applications can be sent until August 20th; and all the rules have been published. They are:
- Only childrens aged from 10 to 15 can attend the national selection, but only if they are citizens of the country, or at least have been residents there for at least 2.5 years.
- The song must be 2.30-2.45 minutes long and of course the most in Armenian language, because only a 25% can be in a different language.
- At least one of the performers (if not being lead singers, should still appear on stage as backing dancers/singers/instrumentalists) have to take active part in process of writing and composing the contest entry,though, since 2008 the rules allow, an adult can take part into it.
- 6 partipants can be on stage, as maximum.
- Prerecorded backing vocals are allowed in this contest.
- International final participants from previous JESC’s can’t take part once again for Armenia.
If you wanna participate,all you have to send is: the song (CD format), passport copy, copyright of the song, and the contact details to the next address: Armenia, 0047, Yerevan, Nork, Gevorg Hovsepyan 26 St., Junior Eurovision 2012.