Ten acts are set to take part in a live show on Belarussian national TV tonight, in order to choose the countries’ entry for this years’ Junior Eurovision. As one of the founding members of the contest from it’s inauguration in 2003, Belarus has the best track record in the contest; finishing in the Top 5 six times, and coming out in the top position in 2005 and 2007. After 14 year-old Lidiya Zablotskaya (pictured) came in third with her heartfelt ballad “Angely dobra”, the eastern European nation hope to reach such a high score yet again in the 2012 edition of the show, which will be held in Amsterdam on December 1st.
Speaking about the show, Belarus’ chief organiser for the show, Ludmila Borodina has said; “The current contest is the 10th anniversary of the contest – we have something to remember – our participants of previous years all have grown up and are still singing, but are all unique in their own way.” She continued, saying “They have potential in everything, and it’s important that they are remembered!”
The show will begin at 19.05 local time (18.05 CET) on state TV channels Belarus-1 and Belarus-TV. Junior Eurovision 2005 winner Ksenia Sitnik will host the show along with Yuri Vashuk. Below you can see the full lineup of the show – click here to learn more about each finalist –
1. Tatyana Prokhorenko – “Moya dusha” (My soul)
2. Daria Atroshenko – “Ne pakiday!” (Don’t leave!)
3. Anna Trubetskaya and Timur Shushkov – “Etot Mir” (This world)
4. Trio “Deti Solntsa” – “Luna-Park”
5. Irina Kruglik – “Privet!” (Hello!)
6. Yuliya Atroschenko – “Glyane Sontsa” (The sun will rise)
7. Antoniy Konoplyanik – “Klub krutyh parney” (Tough guys club”
8. Ensemble “Zaranak” – “Vot tak!” (Here we go!)
9. Valeriya Shepelevich – “Pust’ budet tak!” (Let it be!)
10. Egor Zheshko – “A more-more” (And sea-sea..)
As well as the ten acts in contention to represent their country at the contest, the show will also feature performances from each of Belarus’ entrants to the contest, starting with their first; Olga Stastuk. She will sing a ballad in English, whilst new compositions will be performed by Egor Volchek, Ksenia Sitnik, Andrey Kunets, Alexey Zhigalkovich, Dasha Nadina (who formed the trio representing the country in 2008), Yuri Demidovich, Daniil Kozlov and last years’ participant Lidiya Zablotskaya.
The winner will be decided by a professional jury and the televoting public – each having an equal output in the result.