Belarusian broadcaster TVR has just opened submissions for the Belarussian Junior Eurovision preselection of 2012. The host country in 2010 accepts applications until May 5th which must abide by the following EBU rules:
- Not be public until June, 2012.
- Maximum of 2.45 minutes duration.
- Song must contain some Belarussian lyrics.
- Participants must be aged between 10-15 years.
- The composer of the song must be the singer or a person who appears on stage during the performance, having composed lyrics, music or done the arrangements.
- No more that six people on stage.
- The performers have to have Belarusian nationality
The national preselection will have three stages, which are as stated below:
- Clasification round (May 5th – June 15th 2012): A professional jury will select the best 7-10 entries that will become the national finalists.
- National Final (September 2012): The winner will be chosen by a mix of jury and SMS televote.
- Preparations for the contest (Until the Junior Eurovision 2012 final): Final version of the song to be recorded, promotional duties and press conferences will take place.