Host country Austria has announced the names and song titles of the 16 candidates which are trying to become the successor of Conchita Wurst, who won the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen this year. The list of 16 will be narrowed down to 6 today, but these results won’t be known to the public until the 20th of February.
The first preselection round will be taped today by broadcaster ORF, but they won’t start broadcasting the shows until February. The remaining six acts will be in the Austrian contest until the final on the 13th of March.
The potential Eurovision songs of the six finalist will be heard for the first time in the show on the 6th of March. Until that time, they will sing covers or other songs they have written themselves.
Here are the 16 candidates in Austria, you can find more information about them here:
* Celina Ann – I never loved a man
* Clara Blume – Love and starve
* Dawa – On the run
* Folkshilfe – Seit a poa Tog
* Johann Sebastian Bass – Heart of stone
* Kathi Kallauch – Das Leben ist zu kurz
* Kommando Elefant – Mein Design fürs Leben
* Lemo – So leicht
* Makemakes – Million Euro Smile
* Mizgebonez – Murmeltier / Fitnesstraining
* Renato Unterberg – Love
* Royal Kombo – Ram pam pam
* The Su’sis – This and that
* Tandem – Zeig ihn mir
* wo/Men – Happy
* Zoe – Adieu