BTRC hosted their national final, Nationalny Otbor 2019, in which 100% jury vote unanimously decided that ZENA will represent Belarus in Eurovision 2019. She will now sing the song “Like It” after scoring 69 out of 70 points from the seven-person Belarussian jury.
Belarussian broadcaster BTRC decided to open to a 100% jury vote, completely negating the public vote. Instead, a seven-person jury decided the result, including Dmitry Koldun who achieved Belarus’ best place in Eurovision history with 6th in 2007 with the song “Work your magic”. The national final co-host was Teo who also represented Belarus in Eurovision 2014 with the song “Cheesecake”.
Check out the Eurovision 2019 entry for Belarus: ZENA – Like it
Nationalny Otbor 2019 running order and results:
- Michael Soul – Humanize (59 points)
- ZENA – Like it (1st: 69 points)
- Eva Kogan – Run (54 points)
- BLGN & Mirex – Champion (2nd: 65 points)
- Sebastian Roos – Never getting close (3rd: 62 points)
- Alyona Gorbachova – Can we dream (59 points)
- PROvokatsiya – Running away from the sun (55 points)
- Aura – Čaravala (55 points)
- NAPOLI – Let it go (58 points)
- KeySi – No love lost (59 points)