The names of the jury members for the Australian national selection for Eurovision 2019 have been revealed. Notable names on the jury are Melodifestivalen producer Christer Björkman and Australia’s Head of Delegation Paul Clarke.
The five member panel, which will comprise 50% of the total score are:
- Christer Björkman – producer of Sweden’s Melodifestivalen and of various Eurovision Song Contests
- Fifa Riccobono – former CEO of Albert Music (an Australian music publishing and production company)
- Milly Petriella – Artist Service director of APRA (music rights organisation)
- Josh Martin – Commissioning Editor, Entertainment at SBS
- Paul Clarke – Head of the Australian Eurovision Delegation
Australia’s first Eurovision preselection
The remaining 50% of the vote will be from public voting which will begin from 1am AEDT Saturday by visiting SBS On Demand to see Friday’s Dress Rehearsal performances. Australia Decides will be the first time that Australia has hosted a televised selection show for Eurovision since their debut in 2015. The interval act in the show will be Eurovision 2016 runner up Dami Im, who achieved the best ever Australian result in the contest.
The show will be broadcast from the Gold Coast and will be hosted by Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey, who have been Australia’s commentators at the contest since 2017.