Danish broadcaster DR has announced the ten candidates that will fight for the Danish ticket to Eurovision 2019 on the 23rd of February. The songs have been released by the broadcaster.
Most notable name on the list, without an former Eurovision artists, is Julie Berthelsen. The 39-year-old singer rose to fame back in 2002 when she finished second in Denmark’s version of Popstars. Since then, Julie has had several hit records — most notably the song “Home”.
The final will be held in Herning and hosted by Johannes Nymark and Kristian Gintberg. The full list of candidates is listed below:
* Simone Emilie – Anywhere (Jeanette Bonde, Fred Miller, Fredrik Sonefors)
* Jasmin Gabay – Kiss Like This (Lise Cabble, Clara Sofie Fabricius, Fredrik Sonefors)
* Rasmus Faartoft – Hold My Breath (Martin Skriver, Tim Schou, Thomas Agerholm, Sebastian Owens, Benjamin Rønn, Marcus Elkjer)
* Marie Isabell – Dancing with You in My Heart (Greg C. Curtis, Miguel Garcia, Petrus Wessman, John Ballard)
* Sigmund – Say My Name (Christoffer Stjerne, Abigail F. Jones)
* Humørekspressen – Dronning af baren (Christian Kroman, Søren Schou, Chang Il Kim, Peter Lützen)
* Julie & Nina – League of Light (Julie Berthelsen, Nina Kreutzmann Jørgensen, Marcus Winther-John, Joachim Ersgaard)
* Teit Samsø – Step It Up (Christoffer Stjerne, Lise Cabble, Nanna Larsen)
* Leonora – Love Is Forever (Lise Cabble, Melanie Wehbe, Emil Lei)
* Leeloo – That Vibe (Laurell Barker, Ludvig Hilarius Brygmann, Maria Marcus)