After a national final of seven songs from GBP’s studios in Tbilisi, the Georgian entrant for Eurovision 2011 has been chosen. The band ‘Eldrine’ will represent the country with the song One More Day. The song won over six other participating acts in the semi-final. Eldrine was decided as the winner from a mix of jury and televoting.
01. Temo Sajaia – Jarisk’atsis Simghera (Soldier song)
02. Salome Korkotashvili – Love
03. Group “Sweet Pills” – Face to face
04. Dito Lagvilava & Group “November” – Am Akhal Dghes (New day)
05. Nini Shermadini – Rejected
06. The Georgians – Loved, seen, dreaming
07. Eldrine – One more day
(Click the songtitles to listen to the songs)
Eldrine are a band made up of Tamar Vadachkoria (Lead Vocals), Mikheil Chelidze (Guitar), Irakli Bibilashvili (Bass Guitar), David Changoshvili (Drummer), Tamar Shekiladze (Keyboard), and Beso Tsikhelashvili (Back vocals). The band formed last year, in 2010. Their song, “One More Day” is written by DJ Rock and Mikheil Chelidze, while it’d composer is Beso Tsikhelashvili.
The band is all aged between 22 and 32, and have all had past musical education and involvement in bands before forming “Eldrine”. Beso, the backingsinger of the group also was once a director at the Georgian Public Broadcaster.