Romania has chosen Ester Peony during the conclusion of Selecția Națională 2019 and will represent Romania with the entry “On A Sunday”. Peony beat Laura Bretan and Bella Santiago to claim the right to be the Romanian representative in Tel Aviv.
Twelve entries performed in Bucharest where 1/7th televoting and a six-member international jury (each one gave 1/7th of the final vote), selected Ester Peony to represent Romania at Eurovision 2019. Ester Peony won the Romanian national final with the majority of the jury vote but only three points from the tele-vote whereas the runner-ups Laura Bretan who ended 2nd place scored 12 points from the tele-vote and Bella Santiago who placed 3rd scored eight points from televoters.
Watch below, “On A Sunday” sung by Ester Peony, Romania’s Eurovision entry for 2019
Selecția Națională 2019 final running order and top three:
- Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- Olivier Kaye – Right Now
- Laura Bretan – Dear Father (2nd)
- Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- Claudia Mirea – We Are the Ones
- Aldo Blaga – Your Journey
- Ester Peony – On a Sunday (1st)
- Letitia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – D A I N A
- Bella Santiago – Army of Love (3rd)
- Trooper – Destin
- DYA & Lucian Colareza – Without You (Sin Ti)
- Vaida – Underground