Former Eurovision participant Gerli Padar has qualified for the final of Eesti Laul 2018. The artist, who sang for Estonia in 2007, took part in the second semi final with Eliis Pärna and the song ‘Sky’.
Rolf Roosalu had his seventh attempt to represent Estonia at Eurovision. Between 2008 and 2013, he took part six times before in Estonia. This year, he failed to continue to the finals of Eesti Laul. He came up with a musical song “Show a Little Love”, but it was not enough to convince people to vote for him.
Gerli Padar also came up with a musical song, “Sky”, together with Eliis Parna. They did not manage to continue to the final of Eesti Laul in the first voting round, but received the most votes from televoting in the second voting round ant thus qualified after all for the final of Eesti Laul.
Results of the second semi final of Eesti Laul 2018
Below you can see the line-up in Estonia for Saturday the 17th of February. The qualifiers for the final of next week are listed in bold:
01. Marju Länik – “Täna otsuseid ei tee”
02. Rolf Roosalu – “Show a Little Love”
03. Frankie Animal – “(Can’t Keep Calling) Misty”
04. Eliis Pärna & Gerli Padar – “Sky”
05. Indrek Ventmann – “Tempel”
06. Evestus – “Welcome to My World”
07. Karl Kristjan & Karl Killing feat. Wateva – “Young”
08. Metsakutsu – “Koplifornia”
09. Girls in Pearls – “Spellbound”
10. Nika – “Knock Knock”