Lithuania has started their marathon preselection Eurovizija 2018 to find their act for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. And the first eliminations already took place after the first heat aired on Saturday.
Ieva Zasimauskaitė has begun the contest in style, after reaching the semi final last year. The song ‘When We’re Old’ scored the maximum 12 points in the jury voting and the results in the televote were also impressive. She won by a landslide.
The first show featured more returnees to the contest, like Justin3 and Monee (who also got eliminated after their first performance of last year) and Benas Malakauskas and Evaldas Vaikasas (second round of 2017).
Results of heat 1 in Lithuania (6th of January 2018)
The acts in bold have advanced to the next stage. The first amount of points came from the jury vote, the second from the televote.
01. Justin3 – Born To Be Wild One – 4+2=6
02. Monee – Standing Here – 1+1=2
03. Germantė Kinderytė – Turn It Up 0+10=10
04. Goda Sasnauskaitė – Fire Fountain 12+7=19
05. Lukas Norkūnas – Tegu 8+4=12
06. Meda Meškauskaitė – Blood Roses 0+0=0
07. Benas Malakauskas – My Memories 3+6=9
08. Milda Rasilavičiūtė – I Think About You 6+7=13
09. Dangė – Netikra Laimė 0+0=0
10. Natalja Chareckaja – Serious 7+0=7
11. Aušra Difartė – Someday 5+3=8
12. Evaldas Vaikasas – Blind 2+5=7
13. Ieva Zasimauskaitė – When We’re Old 12+12=24
New jury for Eurovizija in Lithuania
LRT has a new duo of presenters for the contest, which is being used to pick their Eurovision act for many years now. The upcoming weeks comedian Mantas Stonkus and television host Ugnė Skonsmanaitė will guide us through all the songs and performances.
More important: The four-headed jury has been renewed as well (pictured above). Aistė Pilvelytė is now a member of the jury, after taking part in recent editions. The other jury members are Ramūnas Zilnys, Darius Užkuraitis and Dovilė Filmanavičiūtė. They will give their points each midweek when the show is being taped. Their points are combined with the televoting result after the actual broadcast.