Laura Rizzotto has won the final of Supernova 2018 and will sing the song ‘Funny Girl’ for Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. Laura was the best out of eight acts in the grand final of the talent competition in Riga.
Markus Riva was a big name in the line-up in Latvia. One of the biggest pop singers in Latvia, Riva has been trying to reach the Eurovision Song Contest since 2014. This year he again did not succeed, and neither did Edgars Kreilis, who was tipped as his biggest rival.
Latvia in Eurovision 2018: Laura Rizzotto – Funny Girl
Results of the Supernova 2018 final in Latvia
- Laura Rizzotto – “Funny Girl”
- Sudden Lights – “Just Fine”
- MADARA – “Esamība”
- Ritvars – “Who’s Counting?”
- Markus Riva – “This Time”
- Edgars Kreilis – “Younger Days”
- Liene Greifane – “Walk the Talk”
- Lauris Valters – “Lovers Bliss”