Donny Montell and Aistė Pilvelytė have qualified for the semi final of Eurovizijos next week. The jury favourites easily qualified after the televotes were counted this Saturday in the eighth show in Lithuania.
Montell previously represented Lithuania in Baku 2012 and tries to make his comeback at Eurovision with his song ‘I’ve Been Waiting For This Night’. This week things started to get exciting, as the group of artists with their own song finally joined the category of acts with a song by a different composer. In that second group, Aistė Pilvelytė has been the favourite from the start.
The ten remaining artists all got on stage tonight. The best eight acts qualified for the semi final of next week. Milda Martinkėnaitė and Saulenė Chlevickaitė were not one of these eight and they had to leave the marathon show just before the semi finals.
This was the line-up in Lithuania for show 8 of Eurovizijos (qualifiers in bold):
01. Catrinah – Be Free
02. Ruslanas Kirilkinas – In My World
03. Milda Martinkėnaitė – If Tomorrow Never Comes
04. Erica Jennings – Leading Me Home
05. Saulenė Chlevickaitė – Strong
06. Aistė Pilvelytė – You Bet
07. Valdas Lacko – Stay Tonight
08. Rūta Ščiogolevaitė – United
09. Donny Montell – I’ve Been Waiting for This Night
10. Ieva Zasimauskaitė – Life (Not That Beautiful)