The 72nd edition of the Sanremo Song Festival is now complete, with Mahmood & Blanco triumphing with ‘Brividi’. The duo also confirmed their participation at Eurovision this year.
A total of 25 acts competed over five nights. Each night, the acts were ranked by various forms of voting. In the final, the top three continued to the superfinal.
Here is the Top 3:
- Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Elisa – O forse sei tu
- Gianni Morandi – Apri tutte le porte
Here are the final rankings:
- Irama – Ovunque sarai
- Sangiovanni – Farfalle
- Emma – Ogni volta è così
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Ciao ciao
- Massimo Ranieri – Lettera di là dal mare
- Dargen D’Amico – Dove si balla
- Michele Bravi – Inverno dei fiori
- Matteo Romano – Virale
- Fabrizio Moro – Sei tu
- AKA 7even – Perfetta così
- Achille Lauro feat. Harlem Gospel Choir – Domenica
- Noemi – Ti amo non lo so dire
- Ditonellapiaga con Rettore – Chimica
- Rkomi – Insuperabile
- Iva Zanicchi – Voglio amarti
- Giovanni Truppi – Tuo padre, mia madre, Lucia
- Highsnob e Hu – Abbi cura di te
- Yuman – Ora e qui
- Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo
- Giusy Ferreri – Miele
- Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore
- Tananai – Sesso occasionale
All three of the superfinalists had previously won Sanremo, and both Mahmood and Gianni Morandi represented Italy at Eurovision. Mahmood previous competed in 2019 with the song ‘Soldi’, where he finished in second place.
The winners of Sanremo get first refusal of participation at Eurovision. Mahmood & Blanco accepted the opportunity, and will represent Italy on home soil this year.