The 16 finalists have been announced in the Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2018. PBS announced them live on the evening news (11th October).
The final 16 participating artists were selected from the earlier list of 30, which were was released in September. The finalists (not announced in any particular order) are as follows:
- Dai Laga – Run
- We can Run – Avenue Sky
- Heart Of Gold – Brooke Borg
- Taboo – Christabelle Borg
- One Step at a Time – Danica Muscat
- Back to life – Eleanor Cassar
- Supernovas – Jasmine Abela
- Love Renegade – Lawrence Gray
- Call 2morrow – Matthew Anthony
- Breaking Point – Mikhail Attard & Cherylis Camilleri
- Turn it up – Deborah C
- Rocket – Mirana Conte
- Evolution – Petra
- Beyond Blue Horizons – Rhiannon Micallef
- Song For Dad – Richard & Joe Micallef
- First Time – Tiziana Calleja
In this final 16, there is one former Eurovision participant. Richard Micallef (Edwards) was part of the band Firelight who represented Malta in the contest in 2014.
Six others have prior preselection experiences. Brooke Borg competed in both 2016 and 2017. In 2016 she came 2nd to Ira Losco singing Golden, and in 2017 she sung the song Unstoppable, which finished 4th.
Rhiannon Micallef competed in 2017 with the song Fearless. Also from the 2017 show was Mirana Conte who sung Don’t Look Down, and Deborah C who back then competed as a duo with Joseph. This year she proceeds as a solo artists. From 2016 there is Jasmine Abela who sung the song Alive, and Christabelle Borg who sung Kingdom.