PBS, the Maltese broadcaster, have released a list of 60 acts who made it through to their next round. One of these acts will ultimately represent Malta in Kiev next May.
60 acts are through to the next stage in Malta. PBS released the shortlist of 60 names after their news tonight on TVM. The selection has done through a major shake up this year. There will be no Jury vote in the final, in addition there are no semi finals. Meaning the artists will qualify directly to the final. The new CEO of PBS in Malta, John Bundy, frequently said he was planning to make changes to the format since his appointment in August.
Some of the more notable names in the 60 strong line up include:
- Brooke, who came runner up to Ira Losco in 2016. This year she will be singing “Unstoppable”.
- Kevin Borg won Swedish Idol in 2008, and entered the Maltese Eurovision preselection in 2013. Now he will try again with “Follow”.
- Stefan Galea who has entered many times, his song will be called “Wait Forever”.
- Sebastian Calleja, another fellow successful Maltese artist will be singing “Escape”
- Lyndsay Pace, another big Maltese artist who has previously entered, will be singing “Gemini” and “Butterfly”.
- Maxine Pace, who was also in the 2016 line up, is among the shortlisted names. She will be singing “Bombshell”.
- Jessika also has 3 songs in the running, “Immortal”, “Let There Be Light” and and “Edge Of Tomorrow”
The full list can be seen on TVM.COM.MT. We will bring you the final 16 and the full songs as soon as they are available to us at ESC Daily.