Danish broadcaster DR has revealed the eight artists that will compete in this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix. A notable name on the list is that of the 60-year old Mike Tramp (Michael Trempenau) who was the lead singer of the group Mabel that represented Denmark in 1978.
Chief1 is the other act that has some previous connection to Eurovision from the past. The song ‘The way you are’ by Anti Social Media in 2015 was co-composed by him and he was also involved in the 1997 and 2021 entries from Denmark.
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix will take place on Saturday the 6th of March in a TV studio at the headquarters of DR. The winner will go on to represent Denmark at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam.
The eight participating acts in DMGP 2021 are as followed, check out all the songs here:
- The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullet
- Nanna Olivia – Hvileløse Hjerter (Restless hearts)
- Jean Michel – Beautiful
- Fyr Og Flamme – Øve Os På Hinanden (Practice on each other)
- Chief1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne (High above the clouds)
- Claudia Campagnol – Abracadabra
- Mike Tramp – Everything is alright
- Emma Nicoline – Står lige her (Stand right here)
The show will be hosted by Martin Brygmann and Tina Müller. There will be no physical audience again this year in Denmark, just like in 2020. However, DR is planning a virtual audience via Zoom.
In 1978 Denmark made their comeback after a long absence from the Eurovision Song Contest, returning for the first time since 1966. The group Mabel won the Danish preselection in that year, with the song ‘Boom Boom’.