Australia’s Montaigne did not make it to the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2021. Her song ‘Technicolour’, which she had to present through a prerecorded tape, is the first Australian entry not to qualify through the semi finals. Ukraine is now the only country to have a 100% track record of qualifying.
Australia loses its 100% track record after a crazy rollercoaster ride participation. Singer Montaigne was unable to travel to Rotterdam due to covid restrictions. Therefore, she participated via a live-on-tape. On many occasions Montaigne expressed her deep sadness for not being able to come to Rotterdam.
Destiny and The Roop qualify, Albina goes home
In a strong semi final, which many deemed difficult to predict, the final results did not differ much from the bookmaker’s odds. Croatia was the surprise non-qualifier. Albina did not get through to the final with her song “Tick Tock”. However, top favorites Malta, Cyprus, and Lithuania sailed through to the show on Saturday.
The Netherlands presented a happy restart to the Eurovision Song Contest. Interval act Davina Michelle impressed many people. Also the pace of the show was quick: songs started after 7 minutes already.
Check out the full list of qualifiers from Eurovision 2021 Semi Final 1:
These ten acts qualified. You see whether they were allocated to the first or second half of the show.
- Norway – Tix – Fallen Angel (second half)
- Israel – Eden Alene – Set me free (first half)
- Russia – Manizha – Russian woman (first half)
- Azerbaijan – Efendi – Mata Hari (second half)
- Malta – Destiny – Je me casse (first half)
- Lithuania – The Roop – Discoteque (second half)
- Cyprus – Elena Tsagrinou – El Diablo (first half)
- Sweden – Tusse – Voices (second half)
- Belgium – Hooverphonic – The wrong place (first half)
- Ukraine – Go_A – Shum (second half)