The trio Nikoletta Szőke, Attila Kökény and Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos have won the third quarter final of A Dal in Hungary. Reni Tolvai did not qualify for the semi finals.
Reni Tolvai took part in A Dal in 2012 and 2016, and returned to the contest this year. Although the expectations from her song “Crack My Code” where high, she was unable to convince the jury and televoters.
After all performances, Cintia Horváth, Nova Prospect and Reni Tolvai shared a fifth place with 37 points. The jury however had to choose who was going directly to the semi-final, and whose life depended on the televoting. The jury chose Cintia Horváth to continue to the semi finals, while Reni and Nova Prospect did not survive the televoting round.
The best act of the night was by far the winner of the evening, the song Életre kel. As the only performers of the evening, Nikoletta Szőke and Attila Kökény managed singing every note of their song clearly, in contrast to the other participants, who were sometimes singing completely out of tune. This made Életre kel the best performance of the evening.
Full results in Hungary’s A Dal heat 3 (qualifiers in bold):
- Nikoletta Szőke, Attila Kökény and Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos – Életre kel – 44
- Tamás Horváth – Meggyfa – 42
- Ham ko Ham – Bármerre jársz – 38
- Maszkura és a tücsökraj – Nagybetűs szavak – 38
- Cintia Horváth & Tomi Balogh – Journey (Break Your Chains) – 37
- Nova Prospect – Vigyázó – 37
- Reni Tolvai – Crack My Code – 37
- Roland Gulyás – H Y P N O T I Z E D – 35
- #yeahla feat. Viki Eszes – 1 Szó Mint 100 – 35
- Andy Roll – Turn The Lights On – 33
The jury forced five acts to take part in the televoting round. In the end, the last semi final ticket went to Roland Gulyás