A total of 22 artists will compete to fly the Maltese flag at Eurovision in 2022. The line-up features a number of familiar faces, including former Eurovision and Junior Eurovision artists.
Malta stepped away from using the X Factor Malta as its selection method, and instead returns to their previous format. The selection will take place in February, with the public able to cast their votes alongside an expert jury. The winner of the selection will represent Malta at Eurovision in Torino.
Here are the competitors and their song titles:
- Aidan Cassar – Ritmu
- Baklava Ft Nicole – Electric Indigo
- Denise Mercieca – Boy
- Derrick Schembri – II
- Emma Muscat – Out of Sight
- Enya Magri – Shame
- Francesca Sciberras – Rise
- Jade Vella – REVELACIÓN
- Janice Mangion – Army
- Jessica Grech – Aphrodisiac
- Jessica Muscat – Kaleidoscope
- Malcolm Pisani – We came for love
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Serenity
- Matt BLXCK – Come Around
- Miriana Conte – Look what you’ve done now
- Nicole Azzopardi – Into The Fire
- Nicole Hammett – A lover’s heart
- Norbert Bondin – How special you are
- Rachell Lowell – White Doves
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – Over You
- Richard Micallef – Hey Little
- Sarah Bonnici – Heaven
Guess who’s back?
Nicole Azzopardi represented Malta at Junior Eurovision back in 2010 with the song ‘Knock Knock!… Boom! Boom!’. She finished in 13th place in the contest.
Jessika Muscat also returns, after representing San Marino alongside Jenifer Brening back in 2018. Richard Micallef is back in the selection as a soloist, having competed as part of the group Firelight back in 2014.