The five songs that Roxen will sing in the final of Selectia Nationala 2020 have been released by the Romanian broadcaster TVR. One of these five songs will be the Romanian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam.
Romanian broadcaster TVR has revealed the five songs competing to represent Romania at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest. The songs were created at a songwriting camp, and were selected by specialists from various related professional areas.
The five selected songs are as follows:
- “Storm” (written by Minelli and Viky Red)
- “Colors” (written by Julie Frost, Breyan Isaac and Alex Cotoi)
- “Cherry Red” (written by Theea Miculescu, Sebastian Barac, Marcel Botezan and Costel Dominteanu)
- “Beautiful Disaster” (written by Julie Frost, Breyan Isaac and Alex Cotoi)
- “Alcohol You” (written by Ionut Armas, Breyan Isaac, Viky Red)
Listen to the five potential songs for Romania here.
Learn more about Roxen
Singing for Romania will be 20 year old Roxen, who was internally selected by TVR following a songwriting camp to select from three artists.
During the national final on March 1, the five songs will be performed by Roxen. The winning song will be decided by a jury vote (50%) and public voting (50%). In case of a tie, the public vote will take preference.
Roxen released her first single in November last year ‘Ce-ti Canta Dragostea’ which has gone on to be viewed on YouTube over 8 million times. The singer is currently the third most played singer on Romanian radio.