Jurijus has won the final of Eurovizijos Atranka 2019 with the song ‘Run with the lions’. He will now represent Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019.
Jurijus took the full score, winning both the jury vote and the televote in Vilnius. He has done that throughout the whole season of Eurovizijos Atranka, in his heat and semi final as well.
Jurijus – Run with the lions
No victory for Monika Marija
Monika Marija, former winner of The Voice of Lithuania, also won her heat and semi final with a 100% score with the song ‘Light On’. In the grand final, she ended up in second place in both the televote and the jury vote.
Originally Monika Marija was bound to take part with two songs in this final, but because she feared this might hurt her chances, she decided to withdraw the song ‘Criminal’, and only take part with ‘Light On’. The eighth spot she left for the final was filled up by Alen Chicco.
In the Lithuanian national final we also witnessed the comeback of two former Eurovision artists: Erica Jennings (who was the lead singer of the group Skamp in 2001) and Jurgis DID (who was the lead singer of InCulto in 2011). They sang the song ‘Sing!’ in the final of 2019, and finished in fourth place.
Full results of Eurovizijos Atranka 2019:
01. Jurijus – Run with the lions – 24 points
02. Monika Marija – Light On – 20 points
03. Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys – Mažulė – 16 points
04. Jurgis DID & Erica Jennings – Sing! – 14 points
05. Alen Chicco – Your Cure – 12 points
06. Henry & Tommy Modric – Neverpart – 10 points
07. Jurgis Bruzga – CTRL ALT DELETE – 8 points
08. Juna – Strength of a woman – 6 points