Voldemars Petersons has won the first heat of Pabandom iš naujo! 2021 in Lithuania with the song ‘Never fall for you again’. Four other acts also qualified for the next round of the competition.
Voldemars Petersons won the heat due to winning the jury vote. The televote was won by Martyna, who scored by far the most votes (2063, compared to 994 by runner-up Titas & Benas). Check out the final ranking of the first show below (jury points first, televote second):
1. Voldemars Petersons – Never fall for you again (12+6)
2. Titas & Benas – No (8+10)
3. Martyna Jezepcikaite – Thank you very much (5+12)
4. Milita Daikeryte – Shadows (10+5)
5. Be U – Love yourself (6+7)
6. Black Spikes & Indre Launikonyte – Don’t tell me (4+8)
7. Donata Virbilaite – The way I am (7+3)
8. Aldegunda – Sit down (3+4)
9. Twosome – I love my bear (2+2)
10. Thomukas – Wish (2+1)
Next week a similar heat will be aired by broadcaster LRT to find the next five qualifiers. On the 30th of January these ten will battle for five tickets to the final on the 6th of February, where they will join the pre-qualified group The Roop. They won the Lithuanian final in 2020, but didn’t perform at Eurovision due to the cancelation of the contest. Their song for 2021 is called ‘Discoteque’.